.NET programming language is used to develop web applications with the aid of asp.net, an open-source framework. This programming language helps create, manage and modify data. The framework is used to develop robust and scalable web pages and apps. Companies can hire .net developers at flexible models, and we will talk about the different models in this blog.
The growth of the asp.net framework makes it imperative for enterprises to find skilled .net developers. The process, however, is pretty challenging. All sorts of businesses today need the services of .net developers because most brands today are present online. Thus, there is a constantly growing need for the development of websites, mobile, and web apps for the betterment of the business.
In most cases, the cost of hiring an ASP.NET developer depends on the person’s qualifications and experience. The complexity of the software or the application also determines the price of the developer. The more complex the development process, the higher will be the hiring costs. On average, internationally, the price of hiring .NET developers is anywhere between USD 25 and USD 100 on an hourly basis.
What are the different ways of hiring a .NET developer?
As mentioned above, there are innumerable ways to hire a .NET developer. The most common ones are:
- Hire full-time developers and add them to your existing team.
- Hire freelancers on a project-to-project basis.
- Hire a .NET development company as an outsourced development partner.
The way to hire ASP.NET developers
- Check the credentials of the ASP.NET developer. It is essential that the developer has expertise in the focused area of .NET app development. It is also vital to have a closer and more in-depth look at the developer’s expertise because the final rate of hiring the developer or the development company will be based on the qualifications and experience. Hands-on development experience with ASP.NET is crucial for the success of the application. Such candidates are also apt at problem-solving and can easily handle complex situations and challenges during the development process. One way to test the developer’s knowledge is to ask for a coding sample.
- Knowledge of SQL database. Another essential factor worth cross-checking is finding out the candidate’s know-how about SQL databases. Data and databases are interlinked. Some of the critical SQL databases that the developer must have knowledge about include Microsoft SQL, MySQL, and Oracle.
- Strong communication skills are a must. Since the .NET developer often needs to interact with others in the team, the candidate must have a good command of the required languages. Also, as a .NET development company, you need to get good clients – developers with good communication skills can proactively contribute towards strengthening client relationships.
Tips for hiring ASP.NET developers
- Ask all the concerned stakeholders to list out questions they want to ask a potential candidate.
- Once you have prepared and finalized a list of possible questions, prioritize. Shortlist questions that you feel make the most sense and help assess the developers’ skills.
- Study the candidate’s resume and tailor your interview questions around the candidate’s expertise and focus areas.
- Evaluate other aspects that make the candidate an excellent addition to your team of .NET developers. For example, how willing the candidate is to learn and stay updated is the candidate self-motivated and self-driven. Check him out on aspects of his collaborative skills.
Cost of hiring .NET developers
As per some freelancing sites, the cost to hire .NET developers lies approximately between $17 and $35 per hour. A few parameters that determine the cost of hiring an ASP.NET developer are:
- The project size will impact the cost of hiring an experienced and proficient .NET developer. A small project may not require more than one or two developers, but a medium-sized project might need more than two to finish the work within the given timeline. Hiring experienced developers can help speed up the project. If it is a big or enterprise-level project, you might need a team of dedicated developers – consider going in for a reputed .NET development company rather than hiring arbitrarily.
- Project complexities will also make a difference to your cost. Your app has high-tech features like live chats, video streaming, in-app wallet, push notifications, payment integration, etc. You may have to reconsider the candidate’s core expertise during such cases before hiring.
Looking for top-quality ASP.NET developers can be a daunting task, but if you prepare the right questions and employ best practices, the work can be done smoothly and effectively. Beyond any doubt, if the developer is experienced and has worked in the subset of ASP.NET, the costs will be higher.