What Is React Native?
React Native is one of the most well-known platforms for developing mobile apps. An open-source platform that helps create cross-platform, web apps, and UWP. The critical element to React Native is that it enables mobile developers to focus on native-like apps. There are other platforms like Native, Hybrid and cross-platform to build an app. But if you already have decided to go with React Native, then go through this comprehensive piece of content to get insights on how to make an error-free React Native application.
Since there is such a high demand for react native app development, developers must be well-versed in the process. When developing a React Native app, it’s critical to prevent common errors. Avoiding React Native App Development Mistakes can facilitate and expedite time to market strategies. This blog post lets you go through the mistakes as a React Native developer you don’t want to make:
#1 Lack Of Image Optimization
Image Optimization is the most popular React Native App Development Mistakes. Un-optimized images downgrade app performance. Usually, a significant chunk of concentration goes to the coding part, as mobile developers overlook image optimization.
The truth is – image optimization plays a vital role in creating a lightweight app and must be at the top of the list to avoid degraded performance. It is one way to optimize the image and amplify app quality.
#2 Redux Function
Redux function comes in handy while debugging. Redux codes must be appropriately written to avoid React Native App Development mistakes. App developers must be careful by not allowing Redux to mutate the original or current state values.
Any of the reasons why you shouldn’t mutate state in Redux are as follows:
- It creates bugs. More often, UI will not update the latest values correctly.
- It becomes more difficult to comprehend why and how mutate state was updated
- Testing becomes more complex as a result.
- Mutate state in Redux makes it difficult to use “Time-travel debugging”.
- When Redux is allowed to mutate state, the intended spirit and usage for Redux is lost.
When it comes to React Native app development Services, The State Store and View are linked to improving performance.
#3 Fail to disable Console.log Statement
One of the React Native app development blunders is to neglect the console.log statement. Console.log statement is the lifesaver for developers that quickly identify bugs and, most importantly, allows the mobile developers to understand the reason behind performance failure. The console.log statement records the glitches and helps in debugging. The React Native debugger needs to keep in mind to disable the statement once the app passed the test phase. If you fail to remove the statement, it is bound to hamper app performance.
#4 Binding using Render method for passing extra parameters.
React Mobile developers should avoid binding using Rendering. The rendering approach always creates a new method every time instead of picking up the previous one. This causes breaks in performance optimization as it creates several callbacks. This can be resolved with the handleWatchList() binding method. You can utilize this strategy in the property initializer syntax structure or in the constructor.
Hence, it is crucial to pass the handleWatchList() value as props to get the desired outcome. The child component can be a big support when it comes to making those additions.
#6 Wrong Estimate of Errors
One of the most common mistakes made when developing React Native apps is the wrong estimation of errors. The following are the most common estimation mistakes and how to prevent them:
- Estimate separate layouts for Android and iOS to avoid ending up wrong. Design and structure vary in both the operating system, even though they share several common components.
- React isn’t a data analysis library that can process all kinds of data. It’s a user interface library. React developers think it is uniquely placed in an app to know the relevant computations, but unfortunately, it is not.
- Ignoring backend components is not a good idea. All the backend endpoints must be inspected while creating the web app. Understand the structure of the database, how the entities are connected, etc., because it will help you plan your Redux store correctly.
#7 Coding Techniques
Another point worth noting when it comes to React Native app development missteps is the incorrect implementation of the coding practices. Some of the best coding practices are mentioned below:
- Use array instead of managing the string manually while applying an attribute.
- Any method that returns a virtual dom must start with ‘render’.
- Variables and React elements must only be with PascalCase as it is a pre-requisite in React.
- Pure JS codes must be avoided if the component renders only one thing. Instead, the main render method should use JSX.
- Event methods must begin with ‘on’ to show it is attached to an event.
React Native best practices meant that the codes are used correctly and smartly, which positively impacts app development. To achieve the desired outcome, the best approach is to prepare each stage of the coding process and adhere to React Native best practices.
The future of React Native is vibrant. If you are looking for skilled React Native developers to build a next-gen cross-platform application, then leverage our top-of-the-line expertise. Our React Native developers are backed by years of experience and can help you develop error-free applications. We are a leading React Native app development company offering top-notch React development services to all the shapes and sizes of clients around the world.